• Monitor and maintain inventory levels to insure availability of raw materials and components.
• Identify material sources which provide the best overall quality, price, lead time, delivery and service.
• Experience in developing and monitoring daily production schedules while maintaining adequate inventory levels.
• Timely communication and coordination of all material deliveries to insure the production schedule is not interrupted.
• Maintain our system daily with timely receipts of materials, invoice tracking, reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies.
• Responsible for purchasing raw wood and job specific wood materials to support the weekly production schedules for a furniture manufacturer.
• Maintain supplier relationships to ensure the optimal overall costs to the business. Monitor market pricing to insure a proactive purchase approach to control price, delivery, quality, lead time and service are critical success factors.
• 5 years’ experience in a purchasing and planning function within a wood manufacturing environment. Prefer furniture experience.
• Experience with SAP work system or equivalent type of MRP system
• Experience in negotiating contracts with supplier
• Excellent verbal and communication skills